- About GPF
- Global Partnerships Institute
- FLAGSHIP INITIATIVES
GPF Chairman Moderates Inaugural Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
New York, November 19, 2014: The Global Partnerships Forum was privileged to be a strategic partner for the launch of the Inaugural Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED), led by entrepreneur and animal advocate, Ms. Wendy Diamond. The event, which was hosted in partnership with the U.S. Department of State, took place on Wednesday, 19 November 2014 at the United Nations in New York. GPF Chairman, Mr. Amir Dossal, moderated throughout the day, and artfully created an engaging and productive exchange between panelists and guests.
The Inaugural Women’s Entrepreneurship Day was the largest celebration of successful women entrepreneurs, innovators and job creators. The event launched a global platform to empower women and their businesses, as well as foster a network of support and collaboration with other women leaders. The long-term mission of WED is to encourage women and men throughout the world to pledge their support for women-owned businesses and initiatives in their community with: Talent, Time or Treasure.
The launch brought together many women and men, from varying backgrounds, to help celebrate this momentous event. Panelists included First Ladies, members of major fortune 500 companies and the media, CEOs, company founders, actors, philanthropists and entrepreneurs. Topics included:
- Where We Are Now as Women in Business and Where We Must Go;
- How Celebrity Entrepreneurs Can Advance Social Good;
- The Importance of Education for Entrepreneurs of the Future;
- Health, Beauty, Fashion and the Arts and How Women Entrepreneurs are Changing These Industries with Innovation;
- Governments’ Role in Empowering Girls and Women Entrepreneurs;
- How to Have a Successful Company While also Addressing the Issues of Sustainability, Health and Gender Equality;
- Technology for Good: Leading the Way for Women Entrepreneurs and the Next Big Idea;
- The Importance of Strategically Investing in Women and Micro-loan Financing for Women Entrepreneurs in the Developing World
For the complete agenda and list of participants, please click here.