- About GPF
- Global Partnerships Institute
- FLAGSHIP INITIATIVES
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations Launches Entrepreneurs for Social Change
The United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) launched the Entrepreneurs for Social Change, which is aimed at youth aged 18 to 35 from the Euro-Mediterranean region. This exciting initiative is a flagship program of UNAOC, which is run in cooperation with Fondazione CRT and it has four different components:
- A 8-day training that will run in Torino, Italy, from 18 to 25 October 2015 and it will bring together 20 young people from the Euro-Mediterranean region to enhance the skills needed to boost a business idea with a social mission, and be a powerful motor of economic development and social inclusion.
- A 9-month online mentoring period managed by experienced social entrepreneurs that will help the selected youth receive advice and support to implement their business plan and to approach potential investors
- The participation in an online platform for exchanges with peers and potential partners within the network of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations.
- An award of maximum $ 25,000 given to up to 5 of the most promising social entrepreneurs part of the alumni network after completion of the program.
There is no participation fee, and all participants will be provided with round-trip international tickets to Torino as well as accommodations, meals and visa support.
Information about the previous editions of Entrepreneurs for Social Change can be found here: www.unaocyouth.org/e4sc